Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link status in 2 Different JIRA project and Product?

Maeneth December 29, 2022

Hi Community,

I need to link the status from the JIRA  software project to the service desk project.

How I can do that?

3 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

@Maeneth -

Can you please clarify your ask - what do you mean by "linking status"?

If you are asking when a JSM issue's status change, the action will trigger other issues statuses to be updated or vice versa, then I agreed with both @Walter Buggenhout and @Dave Mathijs suggestions of using Automation for Jira rule setup.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @Maeneth,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Just assuming that you want to update the status of a JSM ticket when a linked issue (e.g. a related bug) in a JSW project is updated, you can use automation to do that.

This sample rule from the template library shows how you can use the transition of an issue in one place to trigger actions on linked issues. Based on the example, just add a transition issue action to the linked issues section to update the status of your JSM issue as well.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

Hi @Maeneth ,

You can use issue links to link 2 or more issues from the same or other projects.

However, I you want to synchronize the status between a JSM ticket and a JSW issue, then you need to create an automation rule that updates the status of the JSW issue once the JSM ticket status is changed or vice versa.

Maeneth January 2, 2023

Hi Dave,

Can you provide the rule that I need to set-up as suggested above?

Maeneth January 4, 2023

Hi Dave,

Can you provide the details on what and how I can set up the automation rule?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events