Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to link status in 2 Different JIRA project and Product?

Hi Community,

I need to link the status from the JIRA  software project to the service desk project.

How I can do that?

3 answers

0 votes

@Maeneth -

Can you please clarify your ask - what do you mean by "linking status"?

If you are asking when a JSM issue's status change, the action will trigger other issues statuses to be updated or vice versa, then I agreed with both @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ and @Dave Mathijs suggestions of using Automation for Jira rule setup.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Maeneth,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Just assuming that you want to update the status of a JSM ticket when a linked issue (e.g. a related bug) in a JSW project is updated, you can use automation to do that.

This sample rule from the template library shows how you can use the transition of an issue in one place to trigger actions on linked issues. Based on the example, just add a transition issue action to the linked issues section to update the status of your JSM issue as well.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 29, 2022

Hi @Maeneth ,

You can use issue links to link 2 or more issues from the same or other projects.

However, I you want to synchronize the status between a JSM ticket and a JSW issue, then you need to create an automation rule that updates the status of the JSW issue once the JSM ticket status is changed or vice versa.

Hi Dave,

Can you provide the rule that I need to set-up as suggested above?

Hi Dave,

Can you provide the details on what and how I can set up the automation rule?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events