How to link escalated issues to a created role.

Kevin Chadwick September 7, 2022

I am an intern trying to set up a jira service desk project for my team. I have a project with two request types. I currently have created a workflow that allows for escalation inside this project. I am wanting to make it so when issues are escalated they go to another team of service desk people. So I have created a service desk 1 role and a service desk 2 role. I am hoping to make it so issues automatically go to service desk 1 role. Then, if service desk 1 feels necessary, they can escalate the issue to the service desk 2 role people. I have also created a queue for escalated issues. Is there a way to link queues to created roles? I have read other peoples posts about this and it seems I might need an add on or a whole new project to achieve a two tiered support desk? I am new to this so any help is welcome. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Kevin Chadwick,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can do this using automations. We do this in our IT project, we have 4 different tiers (this is a custom field that we have) and that field is updated based on the assignee. You could also do this based on project roles. So if the assignee belongs to the role Operations, then set the custom field to Operations. You can then have different queues for each tier.

We are also using transitions to set the tier field, so if tier I escalates to tier II, the custom field is updated and the request is moved from tier I queue to tier II. 

Kevin Chadwick September 8, 2022

Okay I have created the custom field and have it working. SO now I need to go through automation settings and link it to that custom field somehow to toggle the support roles? Just making sure I am headed in the right direction now that I made the custom field, and my custom roles.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Your automation that sets the tier field would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.11.40 PM.png

What you would change is when the automation, the one above is what we are using, so just change the trigger to be when issue is transitioned to your escalated status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events