Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit knowledge base access to approved costumers?

Robert January 29, 2021

We are using Jira SD and Confluence Cloud. Our clients are business users and our product is sensitive, so we would like to protect the documentations and limit the access to the knowledge base articles. Our plan is to let Service Desk users (only approved ones) to see the articles and let them self service but we do not want it to be a public, free to access in the web. How can we configure it? Is there a way to approve a registration, or add a flag to and SD customer to have access to the knowledge base?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

@Robert

Can you confirm that I'm understanding your scenario? You have a Jira Service Management project connected with Confluence as it's knowledge base. You want some of the customers, but not all, accessing the desk to be able to see articles? Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

Kian

Robert February 1, 2021

Hello Kian!

Almost right! I have two main problems, I hope this will help to understand the issue:

• When someone visits the support portal (unknown user), the knowledge base is accessible without any control. -> only registered users should see it
  • Registration is automatic, because when you raise a request, you are automatically added to the portal as customer. -> I want control who can see the knowledge base or who can register

So basically the answer to your question is yes.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Robert,

You cannot enable self sign up without allowing anyone to sign up. You could change the permissions on your service desk to disallow users to sign themselves up and instead have the agents sign users up.

The other option is to change the space permissions so that only users that also have a Confluence license can browse the KB.

Do either of those sound possible?

Thanks,

Kian

Robert February 3, 2021

Hi Kian!

Thank you. Looks like we need to change the permissions and disallow user sign up...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events