Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include value of custom fields in standard jira notification for approvers

rangel.machado.ext June 28, 2022

Good Morning!

We are using the approval scheme in jira service management and the client wants to include in the standard jira notification that the approver receives in his email, the values of specific fields of the demand form that needs to be approved, one of the fields is the summary and the others 3 are custom fields with numeric values.

I tried the following and it doesn't work:

This request created by ${issue.reporter.name} is awaiting approval.

{summary}

Total Project Budget in Reais {customfield_11483}
Total Project Budget in Euro {customfield_11492}
Cost Type {customfield_11436}

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

AFAIK you can't do that within the standard Customer notifications but you could within automation. Have you considered that? You are limited the the provided variables. The other option is an addon email handler replacing the built in version.

rangel.machado.ext June 29, 2022

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and yes, I am trying customization by the standardized norms more specifically the "Approval Required".

The summary worked but for the other fields it was not able to bring the desired value during the tests.

erro.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Correct. You cannot modify the default with those fields.

Why not? Do you have any suggesrions to help me?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

I guess the answer is that They did not implement it. My earlier post provides the only suggestions I have...

• Use Automation to send notifications with desired content
  • look at an alternate email handler. Here are the two I'm aware of - Email handlers 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events