Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import 2k+ values w/ parent/child relationship into lookup library using Forms or Jira field

Trevor Overstreet May 2, 2022

Hi! I am building a client intake Form (app ProForma lite) plus using custom Jira fields in the portal UI. 

I have two questions:

1. The client would like a drop-down (lookup) field to house 2k+ values so they can search for the appropriate "cost" centers. My understanding is ProForma (paid version) might accomplish this through a data connection to an API? Is ProForma the best route for this type of setup? 

2. (A NICE TO HAVE) The client suggested having a list of managers (parent values) - that would then auto-populate the corresponding large cost center list (child values). And then another field where they would select their client or market, which would auto-populate a smaller cost center. Is this even possible? If so, how? 

Thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Hi Trevor.

The first is possible, the second is possible, but depending on the number of managers and number of client/market it could be extremely tedious.

1. The data connection that is in Proforma works great. You do need an api that returns the list of "cost centers" and you will need the proper authentication to that api (if needed). Once you create the connection, you can then add a select list field in proforma and tell it to use the data connection.
  2. You would have to have a data connection for each manager. You would need a data connection for each client/market. You would have to have a section and a select list for each manager and a section and select list for each client market...Again, this would be extremely tedious, but doable.
Trevor Overstreet May 3, 2022

Thanks for the detailed information Garrett!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events