Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have a selective approvers only

marvene December 6, 2022

Is there a way to have selective approvers? It is easier and fast to choose which manager or supervisor to want to be the approver of the ticket.

Can you show me the step-by-step procedures for creating a selective or limited approver later I can update the list of the approver, and how it will integrate into my workflow.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @marvene ,

The system generated ApproverS field is of type "Multi user picker". We cannot do anything for this field.

As a workaround, you need to create a new single user picker field and give it a appropriate name. Example: Approver.
Add this Approver field in your approval required status in the workflow and follow the steps described in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/How-to-add-a-specific-list-of-approvers/ba-p/869692  

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

HI @marvene 

"Selective" approvers can only be done with the use of a custom field and by adding a group filtering to it. The example that Rilwan provided has a detailed and step-by-step guide to achieve this.

What you need to be careful is to create a group in which you will have all the "selective" approvers you want. And whenever a user creates an issue, he/she can choose from that list.

If you want this to be automated, then you have to either create a Jira Automation rule, or use an app which will allow you to write a few groovy script lines with if/then/else statement.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events