Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to handle many Request Types for a single issue type Edited

Hi,

We only really have a few request types for our service desk (Problem, Service Request, Email etc.)

Most items are service requests and all have the same workflow.

However, we have many different service request types each with different custom fields.

When creating the request type in the project. By default is shows ALL the fields in "Hide when empty". Ideally the functionality would be to have them all in the hidden section until we pull them out. Is there a way to do this? Also, if I add a new field to a screen, it makes it visible immediately on ALL my request types.

Also, even when hidden they still show up when an Agent creates a request of this type.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

1 answer

Since posting I found out that you can't make the two forms the same:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Hidden-fields-still-appear-on-Create-screens-and-Jira-Mobile/qaq-p/1378524

However, my issue is still how to create request types when you have 100 custom fields for the issue type. You have to hide all the fields you don't want one by one. Is there a way to default to hidden?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

124 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you