How to get feedback from collaborators, when they are ready with their processing of an issue

Marek Troschinski August 15, 2022

Dear community,

like a lot of other companies we have a support team and multiple development teams in the 2nd level.

All the development team members are set as collaborators in JSM.

My question is all about communication between the support and development.

For instance, if a service request for a translation change in one of our web components comes in, then I know how to notify the correct development team about it and the team can plan their task/story in their own development project. But the change itself might take some time. 

What would be the intended way of communication back from the development, that the change has been done? Is it just an internal comment from one of the collaborators? Or is there a way for a collaborator to trigger a transition? 

I would like to have a kind of notification about progress in an issue instead of having our support team observing it all the time.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Marek

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Marek Troschinski , welcome to the Community!

Historically, this was usually handled via an internal comment as you already noted. The unofficial "collaborator" role really doesn't have the ability to do much else. Since the adoption of Automation for Jira as native functionality in Jira cloud, cross-project automations are now able to provide better integrations between Service and Development projects.

The automations can be configured in different ways to suit each organization, but typically this is built into the workflow. e.g.:

If an issue in DEV project is transitioned to Done, transition linked issue in SVC project to <custom_status> or leave comment, etc.

Just be aware that since you are on a Standard plan that there are limitations to the number of monthly cross-project automation rule executions that can occur each month. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events