Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate excel reports from Service Management?

Tánczos Huba June 21, 2022

Greetings, Community!

Our company has taken the first steps to use Jira Service Management as our primary tool for internal and external ticketing.

In our line of work it is extremely important to send our clients monthly reports by project containing the ticket category, the worked hours and other details as a basis for invoicing.

We have used JIRA before in its on-premise variant, now we are trying to move into the cloud.

Unfortunately I cannot find reports like Project Pivot Report or Time tracking report, in fact I cannot find any excel exports, only pre-defined graphical reports with charts and graphs.

Someone who has the experience with the on-premise and cloud version alike, please, help me understand where to find these reports, or what add-ons do I need to make available that kind of information.

Thank you,

Huba

4 comments

Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Tánczos Huba ,

Pivot Report for Jira that we develop supports Jira Service Management quite extensively.
On top of that support, we have a lot of reporting features, including export to Excel and HTML. 

You check our demo reports here or schedule a demo call with me at any time that is convenient for you.  

shot_220622_000621.png

Like Tánczos Huba likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

@Tánczos Huba 

Another option you can try, Huba, is Better Excel Exporter Cloud which comes with a number of dedicated Jira Service Management Excel reports.

This blog is a collection of the available Jira Service Management Excel reports and it links out to detailed articles on how to create them for each individual report type.

20220307-jira-service-management-excel-report-options.png

If Excel is not the only desired export format, reporting and exporting option is also available in PDF with Better PDF Exporter Cloud. It is also compatible with Jira Service Management.

(Please note that both exporter apps are supported and paid apps and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Like Tánczos Huba likes this
Tánczos Huba June 23, 2022

Thank you guys, I will explore both proposals and I'll be back soon.

Have a great day!

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Tánczos Huba

in addition to the two previously mentioned add-ons, I'd like to suggest our BI-Tool Exply,  which also features Exports to Excel and more importantly customizable Dashboards/Reports :)

Feel free to let me know if you need any assistance or help :)

sincerely

Fabian from Exply

exply-hero-image-2.jpg

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events