Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force to select in a Select List (cascading) with two fields

Kerman Aguilar Gallego January 24, 2023

How can i force the selection of two fields in a Select List (cascading).
jira1.PNG

If you see in the second photo there are two fields but if i only select in the first field i can open the issue.jira2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Kerman Aguilar Gallego 

Unfortunately, this is not natively possible and Atlassian has no intention to fix this as detailed here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-10302

You may be able to accomplish this with Script runner or Jira Workflow Toolbox and a custom script validator. Like suggested here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Make-both-fields-in-cascading-list-required-to-submit-form/qaq-p/1265278

Best regards

Sam

Kerman Aguilar Gallego January 25, 2023

So many thanks @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_

I was reading but i don´t know how could i use a Script runner or Jira Workflow Toolbox and a custom script validator. 

I saw that the script needs this line issue.customfield_15168.child.value != null

But i don´t know how to do it.

Best regards.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2023

Hi @Kerman Aguilar Gallego 

With Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) you can create your own script validation like:

Screenshot_1.png

This will through an error if the Cascade child is empty

Screenshot_2.png

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Sam

Like John Funk likes this
Kerman Aguilar Gallego January 26, 2023

Hi, @samu 

So many thanks.

But with this app i can't force  the selection of two fields in a Select List (cascading).

Or idon't know how to use it.

I don't want to modify a flow.

0 votes
Kerman Aguilar Gallego January 31, 2023

So many thanks @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ .

Finally I have done it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2023

I'm glad to hear that!

Dani Cuello April 13, 2023

Hello everyone,

Hopping that this solution works for all of you, it did in my case.

First of all you need to have the ScriptRunner application installed.

Then, in the workflows transitions (in my case in the "create issue" transition), press on the transition and click "validations" option. Now you can create a new validation using the ScriptRunner Script option.

Use the following expression to avoid request creations without completing the child field of a cascading custom field like yours:

issue.YourCustomFieldName.child != null

You can also include the error message description you want to show.

Regards
Dani Cuello

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events