How to exclude Jira Service Desk license

miroslav-odstrcilik August 22, 2022

Hi there, 

I'm unfamiliar with this, but how can I exclude the Jira Service Desk from our license without losing the data? 

We don't have a use-case for using the Jira Service Desk anymore so we would like to exclude it (= stop paying for it). What steps should I take to achieve it? 

Thanks, 

Mira

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

@Dave Mathijs Wouldn't that mean that the license itself is still being paid for? You just don't have any users assigned to it but your plan/tier is still being billed.. (yearly)

@miroslav-odstrcilik  If you want to stop paying for it I believe you can "unsubscribe" from the product and all users will lose their access to the product features of JSM.

The project itself should remain but you wont have access to product specific features (things like SLA/Queues/..)

You do need to make sure that there is a non-JSM related group still linked to the permissions.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Interesting thought, would a Standard Plan with 0 Agents still cost anything? Or do you need to switch to the Free plan once you have maximum 3 agents?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Well I would think that as long as the product is still licensed, Atlassian doesn't care how many users are using a license.

Otherwise you wouldn't start paying till you hit your license tier? :)

There is a difference between yearly or monthly billing as monthly charges by the user instead of tiers.

I do feel the best bet here might indeed be to move it down to a free plan and go with the 3 agents (good catch on that one) then the 3 agents would even still hold on to the JSM features.

Also cause a site admin also takes up a license if you wish to keep that going.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

I agree with Dirk, switch to the Free Plan once you can.

miroslav-odstrcilik August 24, 2022

Thanks @Dave Mathijs , thanks @Dirk Ronsmans - I did switch the plan and seems to be working. I completely missed the billing tab there and was also thinking only about the project as it is, so really thanks. 

Cheers.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Hi @miroslav-odstrcilik , if you remove all users from the group jira-servicemanagement-users-(sitename), then you will no longer have paid licenses for JSM. Site Administrators will keep the possibility to manage JSM projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events