How to delete "ghost" customer accounts

Skypro Feel the ultimate care June 28, 2022

Every project that i create appears 5 "ghost" customers with no option to remove and they do not show up in the "User Management".

How can i remove them?

2022-06-28 21_11_55-Customer Service Support - Customers - Service project - Jira Service Management.png

Best Regards

4 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Skypro Feel the ultimate care ,

Welcome to the  community !!

If you are in Atlassian admin role, then 

1. Go to Settings () > User management.
  2. From the sidebar, select Jira Service Management.
  3. Find the customer name you wish to delete click on 3 dots (...
  4. Select Delete account.
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Skypro Feel the ultimate care ,

Settings button in the top right corner. Not the project settings. 

image.png

0 votes
Skypro Feel the ultimate care June 30, 2022

Hi all,

Issue solved, here is the response from Atlassian Cloud Support - Jira (by Seerat)

#2.jpg

These users are having Active customer accounts and customer permission set in your project allows them to view the project. This is the reason you are finding them in the customer list.

image (10).png

Changing the permission makes these users to disappear from the list.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 5.14.43 PM.png

In order to delete the customer account, go to the portal customers' page and delete them.

Direct link for the Portal Customer page: https://admin.atlassian.com/s/6715c8de-8d90-4794-a947-c8cbd6546676/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers

Worked for me. / Best Regards.

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Hey @Skypro Feel the ultimate care

Is the instance you're working in one of the Atlassian Training demo Cloud instances? You may not be able to remove those users. 

Alternatively, the only other place I'd think to check would be the default members. This is because you mentioned this happens every new project you create. 

Have you checked the default project roles? 

Settings > System > under Security Project RolesManage Default Members 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or information. 

Thanks,
Brittany

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022
Skypro Feel the ultimate care June 29, 2022

Hi,

Cannot find the Customer Names under Settings () > User management. 
I think that this should be viewed as bug, is it possible to fix it?

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

Best Regards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Please click on the Filters and reset and uncheck all.

A4FFCC17-FAE4-41EF-9CBD-06A51511727E.jpeg

Hi,

Without filters the result is the same.

2022-06-29 13_31_32-Administration.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Then these are not users you can delete. You should reach out to Atlassian support as previously mentioned. As Brittany mentioned if you are working on a demo instance that would explain it I think.

Like Brittany Wispell likes this

Thank you all, I opened one support ticket at Atlassian. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Please update us here.

Skypro Feel the ultimate care June 30, 2022

Hi All,

The issue is solved, here is the answer from Atlassian Cloud Support - Jira (by Seerat)

#2.jpg

These users are having Active customer accounts and customer permission set in your project allows them to view the project. This is the reason you are finding them in the customer list.

image (10).png

Changing the permission will make these users disappear from the list.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 5.14.43 PM.png

In order to delete the customer account, go to the portal customers' page and delete them.

Direct link for the Portal customer page.: https://admin.atlassian.com/s/6715c8de-8d90-4794-a947-c8cbd6546676/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 5.15.59 PM.png

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events