Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a template?

Joao Quaresma September 25, 2019

Hi there,

When using JSD is it possible to have some kind of macro to create a template?

The workflow that I am looking for is:

- Receive a ticket

- Triage

- Generate the template

- Fill in all the needed places of that template

- Use the template + information added to Create an issue to another board.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

Hello,

Unfortunately that is not possible from within the service desk portal.  You can user Extension for Jira Service Desk to make your initial request form a smart form.

Hope that helps

Susan

Joao Quaresma September 26, 2019

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply.

Let me see if I understood this correctly.

- Someone sends an email

- The ticket in JSD is created with the email details in the Description of the ticket

- We need to edit the Description manually without a way in JSD itself to add a macro or temple.

- After that we can use the "create and link" to raise the issue to another board

Does that sound correct?
Do you know if its possible to grab the details from an internal comment instead of grabbing from the description?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Hi Joao,

The suggestion I was referring to was making a smart form for when someone raises a request via the portal (only).  That suggestion does not work when requests are raised via email.

Once a request is raised in the portal, the only option you have to communicate to the customer is via comments.  So maybe you can structure a comment that contains the fields/info you need or have gathered.

Yes the create and link will work for raising an issue over to another team/board/project.

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events