How to create a JIRA automatically

Ratikanta Nanda June 30, 2014

How to create a JIRA automatically

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Hi Ratikanta, most people use REST API to create JIRA issues automaticaly... I'm not sure if it's what you're trying to achieve though.

Cheers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

There's quite a lot of ways of creating them. REST is the all-round answer because you can do that from anywhere, but for the best answer for your needs, you need to give us a bit more detail (even if you're uncertain, just describe what you are sure of)

Ratikanta Nanda June 30, 2014

Is there a way or format to create JIRA automatically .I remeber doing that in the past in other project ,where we can send to an email allias with subject and context (Issue type/seviority/body) and then it used to create JIRA based on the info. Do you know in any other way I had done that few years back so don't recollect ..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

Yes, email is an option.

For email, you set up Jira to read a mailbox regularly. When email arrives in there, it removes them and converts them into issues (or comments on issues). There's some email handlers built into the core product which are an excellent starting point.

However, you mention some fields - the basic handlers really are basic, and if you want more than summary/description/priority, you need a more advanced handler. You can write them, but I tend to reach for JEMH, as it can do loads of clever things with emails.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

I believe you're referring to JIRA mail handler. This is a functionality that allows you to create issue or post comments based on incoming mails.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events