Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create SLAs on Next-Gen Project?

Rachmad Kusairi December 28, 2020

Hi,

How do I create proper SLAs on the Next-Gen project? since there is no issue type option on this type of project.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Hi Rachmad,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

From what I understood you have a next-gen project and you want to use it along with SLAs.
I don't get right now why you are referring to issue types - those are pretty much something different.

Here is some documentation on SLAs:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-slas-in-next-gen-service-projects/

Could you please explain what you mean by a missing issue type option?

In any case I also add the documentation for Issue types in next-gen projects:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects/

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

What I mean by "missing issue type option" was there is no Issue Type Menu on the sidebar Project settings on Next-Gen Project.

I was trying to add SLAs on Next-Gen Project by referring to my Classic-Gen and turns out it's not the same. And I also refer to the SLAs default of Jira, it seems using issue type in the JQL.

I am using Service Project.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Yes, I see. Configuration is always a bit different from classic to next-gen projects.
All you need is covered by the documentation I linked for you in the reply above.

Both Issue Types and SLA are configurable for a next gen project.

For Issue Type, I'm still can not find it in my Project Settings. i attached the screenshot.Screenshot from 2020-12-29 10-46-11.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

In a next gen project have a look into "Request types".
URL shows still "issue types" - for this type of projects the logic is combined with the request types.

Here is the full explanation:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/issue-and-request-types-in-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

I see then, to create the SLAs, I could use issuetype field in JQL to refer the "request type?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

yes, works using "issuetype" - just tested:

nhjsm.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders