• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create SLAs on Next-Gen Project?

Hi,

How do I create proper SLAs on the Next-Gen project? since there is no issue type option on this type of project.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 28, 2020

Hi Rachmad,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

From what I understood you have a next-gen project and you want to use it along with SLAs.
I don't get right now why you are referring to issue types - those are pretty much something different.

Here is some documentation on SLAs:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-slas-in-next-gen-service-projects/

Could you please explain what you mean by a missing issue type option?

In any case I also add the documentation for Issue types in next-gen projects:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects/

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

What I mean by "missing issue type option" was there is no Issue Type Menu on the sidebar Project settings on Next-Gen Project.

I was trying to add SLAs on Next-Gen Project by referring to my Classic-Gen and turns out it's not the same. And I also refer to the SLAs default of Jira, it seems using issue type in the JQL.

I am using Service Project.

Yes, I see. Configuration is always a bit different from classic to next-gen projects.
All you need is covered by the documentation I linked for you in the reply above.

Both Issue Types and SLA are configurable for a next gen project.

For Issue Type, I'm still can not find it in my Project Settings. i attached the screenshot.Screenshot from 2020-12-29 10-46-11.png

In a next gen project have a look into "Request types".
URL shows still "issue types" - for this type of projects the logic is combined with the request types.

Here is the full explanation:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/issue-and-request-types-in-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

I see then, to create the SLAs, I could use issuetype field in JQL to refer the "request type?

yes, works using "issuetype" - just tested:

nhjsm.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

196 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you