How to convert trial account into a live usable account

Austin Tristan October 18, 2021

I have been using a trial account for which I have customized a customer portal and certain workflows and am looking to use this in a live environment with our agents and customers. How can I get that started? Also, is there a way to transfer existing JIRA tickets into JSM?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hello @Austin Tristan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that you are using a Free Cloud site and I understood that you want to change your plan to Standard or Premium, please, correct me if I’m wrong.

If that’s the case, you can upgrade your plan directly from the Billing page.

As a Jira site administrator, go to Cog icon > Billing > Manage subscriptions. On this page, click on “Change” for the desired product.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 15.40.30.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 15.42.01.png

On the next page, select the new plan.

It will start a new trial. After that, add the payment details to prevent Jira from being suspended after the 14-day trial.

Regarding your second question, can you please let us know more details about the Jira tickets you need to transfer to JSM? Is it tickets from another Cloud site or tickets from another project under the same site?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Austin Tristan October 19, 2021

Thank you, I was able to change the plan to standard. What are the prices for each by the way? I didn't see them listed.

Also, we have JIRA tickets on another cloud site currently which we were using as support, although they are in the traditional JIRA style. We are looking to see if we can transfer them over possibly?

Another question I have is how can we change our portal site URL? It is currently set to https://team-1608657445779.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 although we are looking for something more simple. Is that possible?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Hi Austin,

You can see the price on Cog icon > Billing > Overview and also on Billing details and Bill estimate.

On the Manage subscription, you can also see the prices on the right side.

Regarding the tickets from the other Cloud site, you can migrate them using CSV, so you can export the tickets from the other site and import them on the new one:

Now that you upgraded your plan to Standard, you can update the URL. It will update the entire site and not only the portal. The customer portal on Jira Service Management will always be https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events