Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure category field

ezequias November 3, 2020

Hi, I would like to know how to configure the categories field so that it presents options that must be chosen for the client, so that each type of request can have its respective categories.

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

Could you please specify your requirement a little bit more?

I assume by your screen, the field "categories" is a custom single list field, correct?

Did I understand correctly, you'd like the customer to choose from a set of options in this field and the given options depend on the request type?

If so, you'll probably need an app to achieve that. It will not be possible with standard jira. A place to start would be Devinity's 'Extensions for Jira Service Desk'. 

ezequias November 3, 2020

Dear @David Friedrich 

I guess you are correct. Maybe I did change the tags/label field to "Categorias" and that's why I can't choose from a list of options.

Would be nice if my user could choose from a list of possible problem types but I guess we can't do that now.

Thank you very much

Ezequias

2 votes
Alexander Weber November 10, 2022

This is what we were looking for: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/categorize-items-in-your-list-view/

In short, switch to list view, there an admin can edit/add/alter categories.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2020

Looking at the screenshot provided, I don't think this post is about project categories...

Charles PARNOT July 25, 2022

Yes, that is unfortunately not helpful

Alexander Weber November 10, 2022

Nope, not helpful, does anyone know how these categories can be set and used? The field can't be even deleted as it is locked

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events