Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change system validation in SD portal

Andrey Boyarin May 23, 2022

I have created validation in workflow and set up my custom text for it.
But in portal I see system validation instead of mine. 

I am expecting to see the next validation text "Please provide a value for required field 'Region / Project'"
http://prntscr.com/Qglm-gTAnjuc

But I see system validation, not my custom 'Couldn't send request Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in.'
http://prntscr.com/g2gcLZOQfah1

How and where can I change it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

@Andrey Boyarin -

You need to check your Request Type form to ensure that the required field is setup in the form itself and marked as (Required).  The validation in the WF may not be needed since the request form will required the field to be populated at the issue submission time within the portal.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Andrey Boyarin May 24, 2022

I need this validation for field  with cascade type. Validation for such type doesnt work in request form because it works only for parent and doesnt work for child. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

@Andrey Boyarin -

If it is a cascade data format field, then the control of Parent/Child relationship is defined at the field configuration (context) end.  So, if one selects a parent, then you can only have the defined child options available to select from based on the parent value.

What kind of validation are you trying to do?  (i.e. ensuring the child field is populated? and not NULL?) 

Please advise.

Best, Joseph

Andrey Boyarin May 25, 2022

I need that child value was not null for some parents

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS