Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change auto mail from field

Blair Nowakowsky October 21, 2020

Help!!!   I am new to Jira.   The admin for our Jira software left and I have been given the job as our Jira admin.   *sigh*  

All of the automated email responses from my Jira helpdesk is coming from the personal email of the ex-employee.   I have been digging around all of the setting to find out how to change it.   We have a generic IT helpdesk email account that would be better.    I cannot find out where the setting would be.   Can anyone point me to the right place.   

Thanks in advance.

Blair.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Blair Nowakowsky October 22, 2020

Now I am very embarrassed.   It turns out my email contact list found the Jira@{urcompany}.atlassian.net email and put the ex-employees name on it.   So it was showing up in my email like it was from them but was actually coming from the jira email.    I did not look at the actual from email close enough.

Silly me.   

obvious solution found.   :-).   

TNX

Blair.

0 votes
Blair Nowakowsky October 22, 2020

Makes sense.  Great suggestions.   I was digging through the automation rules but did not see anything obvious.   I will look closer.

Thanks,

Blair.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

So by default that should not be the case. Natively the outgoing email would be something like jira@urcompany.atlassian.net. However, it could be that the notifications are coming from some automation and the automation rule may be running as the previous user. Before we dive deeper please check all automation rules. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events