• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to auto assign service desk request to a component lead

I have two components and I want the user to select the component and based on the component selected the issue should be assigned to various component leads.

There is an explanation for my situation as part of resolution # 3 in the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-auto-assign-issues

However, it is not helping me as when I hide the component there is no way a customer will be able to select the component and all the items get assigned to one component lead.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Mithil Shah ,

It looks like that link is to assign a request type to a specific agent, rather than one of several.

You can 'show' the field instead of hiding it to let the customer pick one or more components (the assignee will be the component lead of the component first in alphabetical order)

If you'd like to prevent the customer from selecting more than one component, you could look at either placing a validator on the create transition of your workflow if you have a tool like ScriptRunner, or you could create a single option select-list with your two values and follow the second resolution in the article you linked to specify the assignee based on the value of your field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

2,117 views 25 37
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you