Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto assign service desk request to a component lead

Mithil Shah October 1, 2019

I have two components and I want the user to select the component and based on the component selected the issue should be assigned to various component leads.

There is an explanation for my situation as part of resolution # 3 in the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-auto-assign-issues

However, it is not helping me as when I hide the component there is no way a customer will be able to select the component and all the items get assigned to one component lead.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Hi @Mithil Shah ,

It looks like that link is to assign a request type to a specific agent, rather than one of several.

You can 'show' the field instead of hiding it to let the customer pick one or more components (the assignee will be the component lead of the component first in alphabetical order)

If you'd like to prevent the customer from selecting more than one component, you could look at either placing a validator on the create transition of your workflow if you have a tool like ScriptRunner, or you could create a single option select-list with your two values and follow the second resolution in the article you linked to specify the assignee based on the value of your field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events