Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive a ServiceDesk and keep old issues available to customers in ReadOnly mode

Nicolas Boutet October 5, 2020

Hi all,

We are moving to a new organization of our ServiceDesks. Some ServiceDesks projects will be closed but we would like to keep the issues available to customers on ReadOnly mode :

- it should be no longer possible to create an issue in the desired SD. Ideally, the ServiceDesk should no longer appear in the Help Center

- it should be possible to see old issues in the "My Requests" list of the customers.

- issue should be readOnly for every body

I'm trying to define a permission scheme for that. It seems that I need to keep the Browse project permission to get the old issues available, but this permission makes also the project presented in the Help Center.

Does somebody know which permissions I have to set to cover my needs ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

@Nicolas Boutet  please go through the below link may be it will help you to fulfill your requirement.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/using-read-only-mode-for-site-maintenance-952624304.html

Thank you. The link is talking about a ReadOnly for the entire site. It's not my need as I'm still using the same site for new ServiceDesk projects, and for other Jira projects!

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

Thank you again Fahad !

Your links are helpful. I found them as well, but unfortunately, I was not able to find there any response to cover my need.

Maybe I can try to reformulate more precisely what I'm trying to setup:

How to adjust the permissions scheme of a ServiceDesk project to get it hidden in the HelpCenter (customers portal), while keeping the old corresponding issues available to customers in ReadOnly mode?

- Removing the issue creation and edition permissions, set the project in ReadOnly more, but keep it available in the Customer Portal

- Removing the "Browse Project" permission hides the project from the CustomerPortal, but the issues are also no longer available in the "My requests" list of the customers.

You seem to be more familiar than me about in the Atlassian Community Questions. Do you think I need to be more precise in my initial question, or is it correct enough?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events