Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add to a custom field

Ashley Leggett May 6, 2022

I've created a custom field (cascading list type) and I need to add more options to the list. How to add to an already existing custom field? 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

@Ashley Leggett -

Hi Ashley:

For Company managed projects - 

For a casacade select custom field options updates, you will need to access Settings > Issues >> Custom field

In the Custom field UI, locate your custom field and click on "Contexts and default value" option.  From there you will be able to add new options for the parent option and child option configuration.

For Team managed projects - 

However, if your project is a Team Managed project, then you need to go to your project first then click on Project settings >> Issue types.

Select the issue type, then locate your custom field.  You will be able to add new parent option and/or new child option.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Ashley Leggett May 9, 2022

Thanks for your quick responses and assistance! I was able to update the custom field. 

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Ashley Leggett , welcome on the community. Unfortunatelly you can't add existing field as the "second level" of the field.

Cascading field is configured on one screen and values are valid only for the ONE custom field. You just need to switch "Choose parent list to edit" option to set for which "first level" value you are adding "second level" value.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 22.07.55.png

I hope I understood you correctly...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events