Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add the message/text under the select list custom field in Jira service desk ?

Hi All,

I am using the single select list custom field where my customers (In Jira service desk portal) need to know the which option

So, for this I like to add the description under the option as shown in screenshot below.

undertextincustomfield.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team May 30, 2019

Hi Nani,

I understand that you are looking to make your Jira Service Desk look more like the example we have on own support.atlassian.com page where you can add descriptions to the priority/Impact fields in the customer portal.  Unfortunately, this is not something that is available in Jira Service Desk at this time.  I am afraid that our site is using a bit of customization that I do not have access to.

There is a feature request that encompasses this and other features over in JSDSERVER-5035.  I would recommend watching this issue as if someone locates a work-around or Atlassian provides this specific functionality in Service Desk this page would be updated to reflect that.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for this at this time.

Andy

You would think that you would want to showcase your own product, not customize it to the point that it doesn't function the same, or create features that are not available in the customer version.

Atlassian support is using a completely different and modern drop-down box.

Peter Yiu I'm New Here May 22, 2021

Looking for this feature as well when I am trying to log a ticket.

Agreed. It seems Atlassian is not practicing Software delivery 101.

"Eat your own dog food."

Ship JIRA Service Management to customers half baked but customize the daylight out of your own JIRA Service Desk to meet Customer Support needs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

196 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you