Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add the message/text under the select list custom field in Jira service desk ?

Nani May 28, 2019

Hi All,

I am using the single select list custom field where my customers (In Jira service desk portal) need to know the which option

So, for this I like to add the description under the option as shown in screenshot below.

undertextincustomfield.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2019

Hi Nani,

I understand that you are looking to make your Jira Service Desk look more like the example we have on own support.atlassian.com page where you can add descriptions to the priority/Impact fields in the customer portal.  Unfortunately, this is not something that is available in Jira Service Desk at this time.  I am afraid that our site is using a bit of customization that I do not have access to.

There is a feature request that encompasses this and other features over in JSDSERVER-5035.  I would recommend watching this issue as if someone locates a work-around or Atlassian provides this specific functionality in Service Desk this page would be updated to reflect that.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for this at this time.

Andy

Bellin Global IT July 8, 2019

You would think that you would want to showcase your own product, not customize it to the point that it doesn't function the same, or create features that are not available in the customer version.

Atlassian support is using a completely different and modern drop-down box.

Like # people like this
Peter Yiu May 22, 2021

Looking for this feature as well when I am trying to log a ticket.

Agreed. It seems Atlassian is not practicing Software delivery 101.

"Eat your own dog food."

Ship JIRA Service Management to customers half baked but customize the daylight out of your own JIRA Service Desk to meet Customer Support needs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events