Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add expected burndown to burndown chart

Mikkel Honningsvåg Sandhaug February 19, 2021

Hello! I am using scrum and Jira for the first time and I have a question regarding the burndown chart. It seems to be tracking our progression just fine, but the gray "expected progression" line is nowhere to be seen. Strangely though, the burn-UP chart includes this line, only inverted since it goes from bottom to top instead. Any tips on how to fix the burndown chart?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

@Mikkel Honningsvåg Sandhaug - hi Mikkel! Is this on a Scrum board, or a Kanban board?

If Scrum, do you have an active sprint that's underway, with issues that have Story Points defined?

Yep, and like I said I get the burndown and burnup charts displayed for the sprint, but on the burndown one there is no "expected burndown"

Like Dave Liao likes this

And yes this is for scrum, and all stories have points! :)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

@Mikkel Honningsvåg Sandhaug - can you attach a screenshot here, please?

Skjermbilde.PNG

Skjermbilde2.PNG

First one is burndown, second is burnup. I know they look weird, but its because we started using Jira halfway into the sprint and therefore set the sprint-start several days before we added the issues.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2021

I totally get it - is this a service desk project, and you created a Scrum board to manage sprints?

This is a university project, and we are essentially obligated to include burndown charts in our final "exam" :')

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2021

@Mikkel Honningsvåg Sandhaug - ha, let me rephrase: is your Jira project a "Service Desk" project (powered by Jira Service Management), or just a regular Jira project? Here's an article on the differences between each: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-a-service-project/

It is a "classic software project" according to the project page, is that what you were wondering?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events