How to add custom field to Helpdesk Resquest list

Suleymanova Shabnam December 20, 2022

Hi, 

I try to add a custom field that is available at the ticket level to the list of fields that are  available for the users of our helpdesk.

There is a predefined list (check the screenshot) and I would like to be able to update this list to add my custom field. 

jira_SM_custom_field.PNG

Could you please help me ?

2 answers

0 votes
Elitsa Velikova January 3, 2023

Hi @Suleymanova Shabnam

You can try out our add-on Advanced Portal Reports that extends the portal search allowing you to add a variety of columns and filters. Here's a link to our documentation for more info.

We will be happy to answer all your questions and help you do a trial if you're interested. You can always open a ticket in our customer support portal and we can discuss there. 

Greetings,

Elitsa

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi @Suleymanova Shabnam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to add custom fields to your requests you have to add it to the screen used by the issue type. Go to project settings > issue types and click on the screen scheme for the issue type that is associated with your request type. From here you can add fields to the screens.

Suleymanova Shabnam January 2, 2023

Hi, 

Thank you :)

The field was added to all the Service Management screens as proposed for every issue type used for the given client project. But Iit did not changed the result.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Ahh, you are looking in the wrong place. You do not edit the request type from the portal (from your screen shot above), you have to do that from Project settings > Request types. The portal request list will only show a subset of fields and it is not configurable. 

Suleymanova Shabnam January 4, 2023

Thank you !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events