Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to add an approver with an automation based on a people field in a TMP?

I have an approver field and I want to add an approval based on a custom field called 'Head of Department'. However, when trying to make this run through an automation, it results in an error.

This is the code I've tried using to achieve this (since the approval field does not appear in the list of available fields):

{
"update": {
"Department Head": [
{
"add": {"id": {{customfield_12779.accountid}}}
}
]
}
}

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Sergio, I think the main thing you should do is investigate why the custom field is not showing up in the list instead of using the code you posted.

Have you set up the context to be project specific for the approval field? There is a bug that will prevent a field from showing when a field context is set. Could you try setting Custom Field Context of the field to Global instead of any project or remove the context.

Hey Ward,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that's how an approver field is set in a team managed project. I just set it in the workflow status. I have managed to edit that field through a similar coding as the one shared above, only that I've only succeeded when providing the exact user ID. the difference in this case is that I want to provide a custom field's name instead of a fixed user ID.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

An unofficial way to monitor a JSM mail handler for errors

...eturns true if any content is returned for the webResponse.body.data.first s...

668 views 3 20
Read article

Atlassian Community Events