How to add an OpsGenie account

Michael Moyse June 9, 2021

So I created a Confluence and a Jira Service Management account and got my domain tsdconnect.atalasian.net All good. 

Next I wanted to add OpsGenie and no matter what route I go through it wants me to create a new account but won't let me use tsdconnect.atalasian.net so I have to make a new domain tsd-connect.atalasian.net  - Odd but OK so far.

Now in OpsGenie I want to link to JSM but it says I don't have JSM in the domain tsd-connect.atalasian.net, would I like to create it? No, I already have one tsdconnect.atalasian.net thanks!

I cannot find the right sequence to create the services, help!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2021

Hello @Michael Moyse,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to add OpsGenie to an existing site, it’s necessary to access Jira and go to Cog icon > User management > Discover applications.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.22.15.png

On the details of your site, I can see two OpsGenies, but none under the first domain you mentioned.

If you haven’t used the OpsGenie you created on the second domain, can you try adding it to your main site where there is JSM using the steps I mentioned above?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Michael Moyse June 14, 2021

OpsGenie is not listed under discover Applications. 

If I try to create an instance under tsdconnect, it won't let as it says the domain is in use which is how I ended up with tsd-connect which I hoped would connect but it is disconnected.

The other account you refer to is an older one I was testing.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

Hi Michael,

Thank you for testing.

I confirmed with my colleagues that, OpsGenie added via Discover applications as I mentioned is a separate one. 

Your main site (the one with JSM) already has OpsGenie and you can access using the URL https://tsdconnect.app.opsgenie.com

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Michael Moyse June 16, 2021

Yeah, that redirects to tsd-connect.app.eu.opsgenie.com so that's the domain I don't really want.

Bit of a muddle really.

Michael Moyse June 16, 2021

OK, so I've deleted the tsd-connect version of OpsGenie. I'll give it an hour or two and see if the link you provided will attach to the correct one.

Michael Moyse June 17, 2021

Nope, still redirects to the wrong domain :-(

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2021

Thank you for testing, Michael.

Are you redirected to the tsd-connect OpsGenie when accessing the top left menu (Switch to…)?

Can you please test by going to the ITSM project and click on Alerts?

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 09.43.02.png

The "Switch to" menu shows the independent sites that you are part of, so since tsd-connect was separated, it will redirect to that OpsGenie.

The one connected to JSM can be accessed directly from the project.

Michael Moyse June 18, 2021

Yes, "switch to" sends me to  tsd-connect

Alerts sends me the correct tsdconnect.app.opsgenie.com

I seem to have got into a right mess with this, how do I sort it?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2021

Hi Michael,

You mentioned you deleted OpsGenie, so if the subscription was canceled, it should be completely deleted in 30 days.

You can also reach out to our customer advocates at support.atlassian.com/contact. They can better help with deleting/canceling a site.

Michael Moyse August 5, 2021

I never did get this to work properly, seems to be a bit of mess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events