Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate an OPT-IN field with the Customer Portal?

Alexander Busch September 8, 2020

It is a legal requirement to ask for permission to store personal data such as an email address. So when I ask a customer to provide her/his email along with his/her problem via our customer service portal I need him/her to OPT-IN to us using his/her email for correspondence. Otherwise I may not ask for the email addresss.

Does JSD have such a Opt-IN component that I can activate on the customer portal frontend? How do I activate it?

If not: how can I modify the appearance of the Issue Types to include a textfield explaining the legal requirements and offer a tick field?

Thanx! :)

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hello @Alexander Busch,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using Jira Service Desk, currently dynamic fields are not supported. The workaround, in this case, is to use an add-on as Jennifer mentioned.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2020

You might also try using an add-on, such as ProForma, that allows you to have conditional logic on your portal forms. You can include a opt-in question and then only show the email field if that opt-in is selected.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events