Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to I get to the Issue Type field in the new Jira view?

Now that we've been switched over to the new Jira view, we can't find out how to access the list of Issue Type defined for our company which then determines the available Customer Request Types we have available underneath that Issue.

Previously, we had access to the Issue Type field with all our available options as in the attached screen shot.

Using the new view, how can we access and choose from the Issue Type?

Jira Issue Type.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Apr 28, 2021

Click on the icon that represents the issuetype. When you do that you should be able to select a different issue type. 

Where is the icon for Issue Type in the new view or how do I add it to the fields available to use in the new view?  We only have Customer Request Type available on the right-hand side.  We don't have Issue Type anywhere right now.2021-04-28_8-56-30.png

You will see it in the detailed issue of you not in the queue view. It should be in the breadcrumbs at the very top

Sorry to ask so many questions and I REALLY appreciate all your responses!  The screen shot above is the only view that our team knows how to use.  

Are you saying that there are different views and we're using the queue view?  If that's the case, 

1) Is there a way to make the Issue Type available in queue view?

2) If it's not possible to make the Issue Type field available in queue view, how do we change to a view that does make Issue Type available in the "breadcrumbs" at the top of the screen, as you mentioned?

I now see what you mean!  In the URL of where we normally look, it mentions queue, e.g. https://tsdqueue.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/ONB/queues/custom/21/ONB-27163

However, I looked at a ticket in a different way that doesn't seem to involve the queue, e.g. https://tsdqueue.atlassian.net/browse/ONB-26494  and I still don't see a field for Issue Type like we saw under the old View of Jira:

2021-04-28_9-33-19.png

In your screenshot on the left-hand side you see the ONB Dash number. And there’s an icon just to the left of that can you click on that icon? 

example of what I see. I am Mobile and on my phone which makes it difficult for me to assist had a desktop client level

F2B9EB43-7AE9-4042-BF4F-DF41ABEF69C5.jpeg

THAT WAS IT!!!! Thank you so much for your patience with me. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

850 views 30 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you