Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much default workflow's benefit can be literally made use of for admins?

Zoey Wang February 2, 2022

Hi there,

I am using JSM as an admin. When encountering workflow configurations, Atlassian default workflows should be the first consideration for me. However, the transitions of the JSM default workflow is such a mess. For example, it is hard to tell the difference between Open status and Reopen status. But I suppose it could be useful in some situations. 

Screenshot at Feb 03 12-49-35.png

If this question sounds make sense to you, please let me know how you guys as experienced admins are using those preinstalled workflows if any. 

PS. I am a newbie of JIRA and open to any comments/suggestions about this discussion!

Thanks a lot!

Zoey 

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

This workflow makes perfect sense to me.   Most of my clients are happily using it as a default.

I don't think it is a mess, it's a real-life, simple workflow for handling incoming issues. 

Could you explain why it is "hard to tell the difference between open and reopened"?   Open is the starting state of the issue when it's new.  Reopened means that someone closed it because they thought it was dealt with, but they, or someone else said "nope, it needs more attention".  The difference doesn't matter too much to the end users (people reporting the issue or working on it only really care about "it needs some attention"), but it is very useful for analytics - in an ideal world, you never want to see "reopened" in use, because your agents are fixing everything to the satisfaction of your customers.  People often want to report on re-open, because if you're getting a lot of it, you're obviously not dealing with the issues well enough.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events