How many of you are using JIRA Service Desk as a True Tier One Help Desk?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Just wondering if anyone is using JIRA as a true tier one help desk?  If you are how do you have it configured to escalate issues between tier one and tier two?  What are some of the challenges you have had and what is working well?

2 comments

Eric Fields October 12, 2018

We use it as a help desk. It works well for us because the end user can actually set the initial severity level and we or they can modify as the situation dictates. I love the fact that we can provide updates and message via Jira and that anyone on the team can view those updates/messages. I think what works least for me is searching issues. I definitely may not have the hang of it yet, but fine tuning searches and filtering the results is a work in progress. Hope that helps!

James Doyle November 19, 2018

We are in the process of moving from Remedy to Jira Service Desk and are trying to figure out how we can use Jira Service Desk to meet our needs.   We have 187 Technology groups that would use / get issues assigned to them and we are finding that hard since Jira you assign to individuals and not to groups.   Trying to figure out how to manage that do we use just one Service Desk Project for all groups or do we use a Project for each Team.   Problem then comes in we have  Service Desk that need access to all of the other Projects.  Just seems we are not going to find a easy solution.   

Eric Fields November 21, 2018

We use one project for catergory (i.e. IT Support, Product Support...). All users in the project are watchers. Tickets are forwarded to the appropriate category and we assign tickets to individuals within that support group, everyone else in the group is able to watch, edit, comment, etc. I find that it works well for us a company of 500+ users.  We definitely don't have the number of groups you have though.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events