Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does the attached files remain in a resolved ticket?

양은빈 November 7, 2021

Our customers will submit the documents via Jira Service and I need to keep the attached documents for 3 years.

If I resolve the ticket (issue) in the JIra Service Management , how long does the attached files remain in a resolved ticket?  ( I am using free account. ) 

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

Hi @양은빈 

If you would like to archive the issues by copying all the details from the issue (including attachments) to Confluence, I work at Elements you might find our app Elements Publish to Confluence useful.

The app works by creating a new Confluence page from Jira and publishing your issue details directly to the page, including fields, labels, and attachments. This could be useful for your archiving needs.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

@양은빈 -

Once the file is attached to an issue, it is there (without any time period) regardless if the issue is resolved or not.  The free account behaves the same manner.

However, it is up to Atlassian if they change on the data retention policy or not in regards to free account offering. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

양은빈 November 8, 2021

Thank you for your comment :-). 

I will consider turning the account to paying one. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events