Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i can change the default Service Desk in Jira?

Lanz January 28, 2021

Today i have to release a new Service Desk for my Comopany, but i can't find where i can change the default Service Desk. If you go in the UI on the SD Button, this is what i mean exactly. 

Kind Regards, Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hey Benji,

I am not sure I understand your question. Where are you looking to have a default? Email, Help Portal, or in Jira itself?

Let me know,

Ben.

Lanz January 28, 2021

Hey other Benjamin, 

thanks, for your Reply. I mean this Button, in Jira itself.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 09.23.27.png

My Question is, how i can change the default Service Desk behind the Button here, in the UI.

Thanks for your Help!

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hey Benji, 

I understand now. This view is the Agent side of Jira Service Management, so the people using that menu will be your Service Desk Agents. That menu like the other menus are personalised to each user. 

For your customers, you want to direct them to use your Help Portal or Email to raise issues in your service desk.

I hope this helps, 

Cheers, 

Ben.

Lanz January 28, 2021

Okay, thanks for this Information. But, if i click on the Service Desk Button, i only see the older one.

The Link is always to "customer/portal/1" and i need "customer/portal/27" as default, you know what i mean? 

I thought i can change the Standard Help Center for my Company? The Link behind the Button ...

Because just with Permissions and Service Desk Agent, i don't get the Result i want.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 10.07.34.png

Kind Regards, 

Ben

Lanz January 28, 2021

I think i got it, is it the Setting "Visibility" in the Service Desk Project?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 10.15.40.png

Like Benjamin Paton likes this
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2021

This will restrict visibility to a specific group. With nothing in this field the Customer Portal will be visible to all users. 

Your users that have access to the above screen, will see Service Desks that they have viewed if they are agents, but if they are customers they will only see the Customer Portal link in that menu. This is where you want to direct Customers to raise tickets in your service desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events