Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off/stop automatic commenting on issue creation?

Steve Dobrioglo January 14, 2022

Hello,

We are using Jira Service Desk in Cloud. I created a project with an anonymous issue creation. It works well, except every new issue has an internal comment with my name, and an email is being sent to customers with my name as the sender. At this time, we have to manually delete these internal comments.

2022-01-14 14_49_30.jpg      How do I stop such comments from being added, including emails with my name?

I looked in the workflow, automation, and notification settings and cannot find anything where I can change it from occurring. Any ideas?

Thank you!

-Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2022

Hey @Steve Dobrioglo 

Did you check the project automations ?

Click "Project Settings" in the left hand menu -->Go to "Automation" in the left menu.
You will see a rule called "Flag Anonymous request", check this rule and take necessary actions. 

Check in legacy automation rule too.

FYI since it's added as internal it should not send any emails to customer., that's the whole concept of internal note.

Regards,

Vishwas

Steve Dobrioglo January 17, 2022

Hi Vishwas,

Thank you for your response. That was it - thank you. I previously went through automation rules but failed to locate where I could change the owner - so to say. I found "run rule as" option under the gear cog of the rule.

Regards,

Steve

Like Vishwas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events