Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we maximise the accuracy of the KB search for our portal customers?

Matt Lane December 3, 2020

I am trying to find out what drives the search function in our Jira Service Management Portal. As it only displays 3 results at a time, this can be quite limiting so I want to check if there is any way we can improve the results that are displayed in the 3.

Is this based purely on word matches in the KB titles? or is this also driven by popularity, date, etc? I have added labels to the articles so that we can search these more easily in Jira but it looks like the portal search is based on other factors.

How does the search function generally work? And do you have suggestions for how to get the best out of it, given its limit to 3 search results max.

We realise the expansion of the search result feature is already a backlog item:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4263 

But for the meantime, we want to maximise the use of what already exists if possible.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Nani Gurgenidze March 7, 2022

Hello, 

We'd like to introduce a new plugin  Better Search in Customer Portal. 

Better Search in Customer Portal can search and display related issues increasing convenience for the customer portal users. 

You can find all the possible results by typing one word, there is no limit of 5 results as Atlassian native functionality has. 

Also, you can use 30 days free trial. 

Better Search in Customer Portal 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

One of the best things you can do is in the service management desk in the knowledge base settings you can associate the labels with a request type to help narrow down results.  Then as the users use KBs to answer their questions and agents use them to answer issues it will learn and get better at providing results.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events