Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do users get assigned to a project and assigned a role on a project?

Mike Sullivan May 10, 2022

We are using Jira SM for our new IT helpdesk ticketing system. My question is how to my customers (end users) submit tickets if they do not have accounts? We have 50 licenses for agents. When I try to submit a ticket as a test user (non agent), the portal wants me to login. How do we allow users (just from our company domain) to submit a ticket without first creating a login for them. 

1 answer

1 vote
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

Hi Mike, welcome to the Atlassian community!

You should be able to change the Customer Permissions in the project settings and change the Customer Access in the Admin settings. There is a section in the admin settings that should meet your needs. Use Approved Domains

screenshot.png

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

BTW, the reason they want them to create an Atlassian account is so they can always come back to the portal and see a status of the tickets they have opened as well as receive any email corespondents.

Mike Sullivan May 12, 2022

Hi Garrett,

That is not working for our needs. We have over 2100 users and want to limit who can create accounts to just those users. Right now when I use approved domains, it wants them to login but they don't have accounts yet (they won't need it until they go to submit a ticket). When I allow them to create accounts, then I can also create an account using my Gmail email address... which we don't want. Otherwise just anyone could create an account and create tickets... thus potentially spamming our system.

Thanks!

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events