Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do customers select approvers?

K Stevenson December 21, 2021

I found the article that seems to be Cloud specific and haven't found the same instructions for the Server version to allow customers to select an approver.  Please help!

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@K Stevenson 

Hi there:

I am assuming that you have a custom field (approver) exposed in your Request Form, and it is a people picker data type?  If so, you will need to adjust your Customer Permissions configuration as follow -

2021-12-21_10-18-53.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

K Stevenson December 21, 2021

Not yet, that's what I was looking for.  Is there an article or full instructions on how to do that?  Do you have to be a full administrator to add the field with the people picket?  I'm assuming yes.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

I don't have an article on the setup.  However, here is a posting discussing the topic relating to your ask - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/User-picker-field-on-portal/qaq-p/759907

Yes, you need to be full admin to create custom fields.  After the field is created, you will need to have the JSM project admin right to set it up against project's request type form + making customer permissions configuration changes.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events