Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do a set a templated task in response to completed form in the portal?

I would like to set up a repeatable task with subtasks assigned when someone completes the new employee onboarding request in the portal. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart C Community Leader Oct 29, 2021

Hi @Ross Cantor 

Yes absolutely, you can use automation rules to trigger on issue creation, set a condition to work only when your desired request type is used, and an action to create a new issue. Set it to be a subtask, and pre define what you want to be populated.

thanks @Stuart C . Is that in the automation setting or workflow? I am having a hard time figuring out where to drop these in. Is there an example you could point me to 

Stuart C Community Leader Nov 03, 2021

Hi @Ross Cantor 

Automation - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation

It will look something like this:

SShot5.PNG

@Stuart C This did the trick! Thank you very much!

Stuart C Community Leader Nov 04, 2021

Excellent, glad this is what you need.

@Stuart C  is there a good way to set up a subtask as dependent or blocked by another subtask via automation?

Hi @Ross Cantor 

I've just written an article Efficient Recruitment business process using Jira and Business Process Manager, you can organize Onboarding process on the same way.

Using add-on BPM developed by my team. It allows creating a process template that includes all issues with right assignee. For each issue, you can create a custom form, need to be submitted.

Screenshot_1.png

Also, it can be applied in conjunction with Jira Automation rules to start the process due to the selected trigger.

Moreover, there is an opportunity to create a form as a quiz, if you need to test your employees' knowledge.

If you have any questions, be free to ask me.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

779 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you