Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restrict a customer to one project in the portal?

Alexandru_Roberto_Tenea March 6, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem understanding how to configure Jira SD for this issue.

I have multiple projects ( Project 1, Project 2) and I have Jim and Alex(both customers on the portal). I want to Jim to see only Project 1 and Alex to see only Project 2. 

Can anyone explain a step by step configuration, please? 

Also if I want to create customer organizations, for example Mobile clients and Stable clients. What can I do for Mobile Clients to see only Project 1 on the portal and Stable Clients  to see only Project 2 on the portal? 

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hi Alexandru,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
If you want to restrict customers to a specific project, you must change the "Customer permissions" to "Customers my team adds to the project".
This option means that only people that admin adds to a project will be able to access the portal and open tickets for that project.

Screenshot 2019-03-06_18-03-53.png

For the organization, the option is the same. If your project are not open, when creating an organization and adding customers to this organization, only customers you add for Mobile clients will see Project 1 if this organization only exists in Project 1.

You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Project customer permissions
- Group customers in organizations

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events