Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove an Org admin who has left the company?

samfidock January 26, 2021

Hi, 

Our org admin (the only one) has left the company and his email address has been deleted. 

We need to remove this person and transfer the org admin permissions to myself. 

I have contact the JIRA contact us, who keep pointing me here, 

The advice they give seems to be out of date as I cannot follow their instructions. 

When I go to the user within JIRA everything is blacked out and I am unable to make changes.

Can anyone offer some advice please?

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hello @samfidock

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order to keep the security and reliability of Atlassian Applications, only another org-admin can remove another org-admin from an Atlassian site.

As you only had a single org-admin, I suggest contacting your IT team which have access to the email account of the former org-admin so they can log in using his email and properly name another user as an org-admin by following the instructions in the documentation below:

Give users admin permissions 

Let us know if this information helps.

samfidock January 26, 2021

Hi Petter, 

As per my request, the email account has been deleted so this is not an option. 

We have tried to recreate the email and send a password reset, however no email was received in the account. 

Any other suggestions?

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Hi @samfidock 

I don't think anything can be done from any community help if the email address no longer exist. if you can login with the former org admin's email address and grant your user the permission that should help. However if that's not possible, then the only alternative is to ask for Atlassian support to probably provide an exception given the fact that your user is the billing and technical contact to the instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events