Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a comment to the customer by mail

Konstantin Löscher July 5, 2022

Hello,
I would like that if a comment is entered for the customer in a ticket, this is then sent to the customer by e-mail, so far it hasn't worked that way.

Can you help me there?

Best regards

Konstantin

4 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Konstantin Löscher -

If you go to your JSM project - Project settings >> Customer Notifications, you will find a set of notification configurations.  The following configuration needs to be enabled -

2022-07-05_8-24-58.png

If it is, then you need to check to see if comments entered in a ticket is "Public" (reply to customers) and not "Private" (add internal notes).  If the comments are the latter option, then it is only internal for your JSM agents and thus no notifications will be send to customers.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Konstantin Löscher July 6, 2022

Hello,

it is a Public, but this commend is not send.

The settings are set, i dont no why.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Konstantin Löscher -

By default, if you are the one who initialized the comment, you will not get the notification email.  You can edit your personal settings to override the default setup against your account -

2022-07-07_8-16-22.png

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Konstantin Löscher July 6, 2022

Off course

grgrgrg.PNG

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2022

Do none of your customers receive notifications? Either notification or just the comment?

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

Hi @Konstantin Löscher 

Can you share with us how you have configured customer notifications?

Konstantin Löscher July 7, 2022

I test with myself, because I don't get a notification when I make a comment.
Can it be that I'm the admin and the system says he doesn't get a notification?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events