Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I give my team quick access to answers for regular questions?

Hi,

I'm brand new to Jira - IT just gave me access and no detail about how to set up a project properly. I've managed to get my project created and then an end user input set of questions. The bit I'm struggling with, and I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, is when I want to add a quick link/standard response to certain questions. For example, one of the options for submission is 'Creating a new SOP' and the answer will always be a copy of the SOP template and the WI that shows the user how to do it. I want this to be available every time this issue comes through....how do I do that?

Thanks in advance everyone

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall Community Leader Aug 31, 2022

Hi @Laura Curtis and welcome to the community!

You'll want to establish a Knowledgebase.  You can configure that here:

https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/YOURPROJECTKEY/settings/confluence-kb

This will prompt you to link your project to a Confluence space where you can create pages for each KB article.  When users raise a new request and start typing a known keyword into the summary, they will be presented KB articles they can review. 

Thankyou for helping! Would this also work for my team when searching for responses to tickets?

Mark Segall Community Leader Aug 31, 2022

Yes!  Within the issue, they'll see related KB articles

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

An unofficial way to monitor a JSM mail handler for errors

...eturns true if any content is returned for the webResponse.body.data.first s...

682 views 3 20
Read article

Atlassian Community Events