How do I force a comment upon resolution?

Vicki Stanfield December 8, 2021

I want to force a resolution comment when a ticket is resolved. I have watched numerous videos, but I don't see how to do it. Can I buy a vowel?

Vickistan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

@Vicki Stanfield -

Hi Vicki:

You can achieve this by modifying your WF, adding a validator setup making Comments required and associate the transition with a custom pop-up screen.  In the pop-up screen, you don't need any field.  By default, when a screen is created just for the WF transition, the Comments field is automatically added behind the scene.

NOTE - We have an Add-on (JMWE) where it provides us with an validator making Comments required.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?hosting=cloud&tab=overview   This is an excellent add-on for any Jira/JSM envs, making the WF customization easier without custom coding.

So when an issue moves into RESOLVED, the custom pop-up screen will be displayed and one cannot complete the transition unless comments are entered.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events