Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy the Workflow associated with a Request Type form one Service Desk project to another?

sunny_kaul October 20, 2020

How do I copy the Workflow associated with a Request Type from one Service Desk project to another?

Service Desk Project A has a request type "General Question" and I created a Workflow for this.

I have another Service desk project B, where I have a similar situation (similar Request Type that needs a similar workflow).

2 answers

2 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

Hi @sunny_kaul ,

If you're in the Cloud I don't think you can import a workflow from another instance, only from the Marketplace, as described in this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-and-exporting-issue-workflows-962965084.html).

Just for clarification, workflows are linked to issue types not request types. In JSD you could have a number of request types linked to the same issue type. This doesn't change your question, but wanted to clarify in case someone thinks that workflows could be linked to request types, which is not possible :-)

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

Hi @sunny_kaul

I guess you mean a workflow for an issue type and not a request type.

If this 2nd SD project is on a different instance it is a bit of a longer procedure:

I feel it's almost easier to just recreate the flow..

If tihs is on the same instance and you just want it to link to another project you can hit the "Copy" button on your workflows menu and link it to the correct workflow scheme in your 2nd project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events