Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure emails to Service Desk to create a request without creating a Portal customer?

David Meyer July 31, 2020

Last week I saw a request made via an email outside of "approved domains", and the acknowledgement let me in to only view that request, and did not make an account (as seen in "Portal customers").

But an auto-fix popup opened, I ran it (afer trying to determine the impact) and took it away. Now - I try every combination of settings I can find but cannot get that functionality back.

There are request types we do not want an outsider to be able to make in our portal so w edo not want an account to be made..

Configurations:

A) admin.atlassian... Site access has approved domains (does not include the domain of the email I am using to test with).

B) Jira/Settings/Jira Service Desk/Configuration: Customer Permissions - 
Can customers create their own accts = 
   "Yes, by signing up or sending a request"
   "No, only my team can create accts."
Can customers access and send requests from the help center without logging on?
   Yes / No.
(note: when B) = No..., this is grayed out). 

C) Jira Service Desk/Project Settings/Customer Permissions: 
Who can access the portal and send requests to  Service Desk project?
   "Customers my team adds to the Project"
   "Anyone with an account on ...(approved Domain)."

Then below that it says: 
"To allow anyone to send requests, change the Global settings".

But the global settings are just B) from above.

I have tried all combinations of these configurations, but the only way we actually get an email from an outside domain to create a request is:
set B) =  "Yes, by signing up or sending a request"

But that always lets the emailer use the link in the email acknowledgement to create an account that can see the Whole Portal by creating an entry here: 

admin.atlassian... /User Management / Jira Service Desk : Portal customers.

What am I missing? I know the link in the acknowledgement CAN give access to just the request that was created from the email. But I cannot find the combination of configurations to actually do that.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events