Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the email notification contents when new issue is created?

Jacob Andy November 15, 2020

I have googled and was advised to check the Jira watch - batches options in Settings > Manage Apps, but I do not see that option anywhere.

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

there isn't the ability to edit the standard notifications for JSW/Jira Core. Here is one suggestion that was closed as "won't do" - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7266 

Option - consider an addon mail handler, e.g. JEMH

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi @Jacob Andy 

Do you mean customer notifications? If yes, please follow this steps;

• From your service desk project, go to Project settings > Customer notifications.
  • Choose the event. Ex; Request Created
  • Customize it.

Related article.

Jacob Andy November 15, 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Not the customer notification but rather notification for my internal.

I have checked that option from Project settings > internal notification (and others there) but there isn't any option to change the email template.

ex.

image.png

I would like to add a field in there.

Thanks,

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Hi @Jacob Andy 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit project notifications as @Jack Brickey said.

Another option is to use built-in automation feature. You can add a rule for issue created event and send a customized e-mail from project settings -> automation tab.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events