Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the Jsw issue status triggered by a JSM issue status change?

Naruhito SANO January 12, 2021

When the Jira Service Management Cloud(=JSM) issue and the Jira Software Cloud(=Jsw) issue are linked, I'm looking for a setting that automatically changes the status of one when it changes.

Of these, using "Automation" of JSM, it was confirmed that the JSM issue status can be changed automatically by using the Jsw issue status change as a trigger.

However, on the contrary, I cannot find a way to change the issue status of Jsw triggered by the issue change of JSM.
Is there a good way?

For example, I would like to know how to automatically reopen the linked Jsw issue if the JSM issue fails.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Naruhito SANO -

You can customize your WF in JSM to create customized post-function setup to trigger status change in the Jira linked issue based on your need.

In our env (Jira/JSM Data Center On-Prems), we have a few add-ons "Jira Misc Workflow Extension" and Script Runner for Jira to allow us to create/customize post-function calls in the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events