How do I anonymise deleted user data in Atlassian Cloud?

Marie Heinsen July 7, 2021

To comply with GDPR, I would like to ensure that deleted users have their names & images anonymised in our Atlassian Cloud instance. 

I can see the ability to anonymise has been added to the server version but can't see this feature in Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Eran Davidov July 7, 2021

Hi @Marie Heinsen  currently user anonymization is not possible on cloud hosting version because of limitations from Atlassian - on this App - GDPR & Security for Jira - you can search for personal data, and after the App will find the data that meets this criteria, the App will allow you to perform actions such as:

• Add a comment
  • Notify someone via email
  • add a webhook related to this content

As GDPR is evolving and so the cloud version on Atlassian I believe that it is only a matter of time before a full anonymization will be possible on cloud.

Thank you for your answer.

It was the same conclusion I came to.

We are really looking for a way to anonymise personal data & images on Atlassian to comply with GDPR & support ISO 27001. 

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

W.r.t. GDPR is also good to understand that user data are stored in the US, regardless of the data residency option.  See https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-data-residency-and-realms/ 

Like Marie Heinsen likes this

We operate in the UK and individuals have the right to have their data erased regardless of storage location. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events