Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add additional recipients to an individual ticket ?

Phil Burke April 2, 2021

Wondering how I might add recipients to a ticket; eg. john@xxx.com is the reporter but I think james@yyy.com should be aware of this issue.

I have tried just adding them in a reply email, however this will only include them in that particular email... not permanently add them to all communication on the ticket.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

3 answers

2 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Phil Burke 

In Jira Service Management, you can share the ticket with other users via the Request Participants field. This can be Jira users, or just any another email address.

You can do it one of two ways:

• Agent View: Locate the ticket in Jira, find the field and modify it. Note that the user must exist in Jira, or the email must be attached to a customer first for this to work.
  • Customer View: On the ticket in the portal, press + Share on the right-hand side and enter a name, organisation or an email address.

Ste

Phil Burke July 13, 2021

Sorry to revive this issue after so long, but this isn't working. I can't remember if I tested it at the time, but I'm trying to do it now, but there is no email being received by the particpant. I have 'created' a service request on behalf of another account (reporter) and also added that account to the participant. Neither of these methods sends an email to the participant/ reporter.

2 votes
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hello @Phil Burke - you are only able to assign a ticket to a single user but you are able to add others at Watchers. By being a watcher, these users are notified of any activity that is performed on the ticket (as outlined in the project notification settings for the Watcher role). 

Also, when making comments in the ticket, you can mention anyone you want to be informed of the comment you are adding for transparency.

Phil Burke July 13, 2021

I cannot see 'watcher' anywhere. Is this something I have to turn on ?

Phil Burke July 13, 2021

I found 'watchers' but cannot add an email unless they are already in the system. How would I go through and add all my clients ? this seems like a cumbersome process...

On reviewing this... it appears that I can only add Jira users. This defeats the purpose.

0 votes
Phil Burke April 7, 2021

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders