Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Move a project from Jira Software 7.13.16 To Jira Service Desk 4.13

Rick ONeill April 22, 2021

How can I move a single project from Jira Software 7.13.16 server to a new instance of JIRA Service Desk 4.13.1 server

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@Rick ONeill 

Are the applications hosted on the same Jira instance or linked together by an application link?  If they are then you can just create a new project on the Jira Service Desk server and simply move the issues to the new project.  

If they are not and they are separate instances you will have to follow these instructions.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-a-project-from-backup-938847691.html

Rick ONeill April 23, 2021

OK, thank you. We have bee trying to set up JSD separately from the rest of the Atlassian Suite (Dumb Management Decision) but if we did decide to use the 'Application Link', is there an issue if JSD and Jira Software 7.13.16 are not on the same server?

Thanks, again.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@Rick ONeill 

You can set them up on different servers and it will still work.  You will have the benefit of being able to use apps on JSD and not have to purchase the license for all of your server licenses.  We ended up putting ours on the same instance because it is easier to manage updates, users, etc because you only have to do it for one.  There are pros and cons to both setups.  It really just depends on what you are trying to do as a business.

Rick ONeill April 23, 2021

Great, thanks again for your help. After the 'Application Link' do you just use the 'import tool' on the system you are trying to import too? I don't really see a simple way to move the Project :(

Rick

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

@Rick ONeill Sorry that was my bad I forgot that we configuration manager for Jira. had https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

You can install and use free for 30days or purchase to have the functionality forever moving forward.  I apologize as I forgot that we purchased this.  The application link will allow you to link issues but will not allow you to move issues between instances.

Rick ONeill April 26, 2021

Ok, thanks again for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events